A LONG HISTORY OF QUALITY AND EXCELLENCE
The Ozzano Taro plant was built between 1920 and 1927 for the production of tinned tomatoes. It was acquired by Carlo Erba in 1927, and between 1950 and 1970 it specialised in the production of pharmaceutical and diet food products, with a particular focus on children’s products.
The most important operations during this period included:
Powdered formula milk, malted milk, pharmaceutical products, dietary products, feed products and tamarind extract.
In 1975, the H.J. Heinz group’s Plasmon diet brand purchased the company and the Carlo Erba diet division stopped manufacturing pharmaceutical products. From then on the company set out in a new direction, specialising in and conducting research into diet food products.
In 1977, it increased its production of diet foods and focused on children’s foods, becoming a leader within the Italian market. It also began to produce products for special diets, such as gluten-free and protein-free diets, which are essential items for certain types of consumers.
It is now owned by Newlat SPA and is the only Italian production plant of powdered milk for children.
It is distinguished by its constant research, technological innovation and the development of special recipes, as well as by the tradition and quality that it has always represented.